Current PhD Students
- Asra Aslam, “Multimedia Event Processing”
- Piyush Yadav, “Human-in-the-Loop Event Processing”
- Niki Pavlopoulou, “Approximate Event Processing”
- Tarek Zaarour, “Distributed Event Processing”
- Javier Cuenca, “Improving Energy Systems in Smart Cities by means of semantic interoperability”, Mondragon University (ES), Co-Supervisor (Primary Supervisor Dr. Felix Larrinaga)
Graduated PhD Students
- Wassim Derguech, “Capability-centric Management of Services and Business Process Models”, PhD, Insight, NUI Galway. Primary Supervisor (co-supervisor Dr. Sami Bhiri). Graduated 2017.
- Umair ul Hassan, “Capability-centric Task Routing in Heterogeneous Human Computation”, PhD, Insight, NUI Galway. Primary Supervisor. Graduated 2016.
- Feng Gao, “Efficient and Effective Management of Complex Event Service Life Cycle ”, PhD, Insight, NUI Galway. Primary Supervisor (co-supervisor Dr. Allesandra Mileo). Graduated 2016. Now Lecturer, Wuhan University of Science and Technology.
- Souleiman Hasan, “Event Processing Systems for Open Heterogeneous Environments”, PhD, Insight, NUI Galway. Primary Supervisor. Graduated 2016.
- André Freitas, “Schema-Agnostic Queries for Large-Schema Databases: A Distributional Semantics Approach”, PhD, Insight, NUI Galway. Primary Supervisor. Graduated 2015.
Supervision, M.Litt. (Educational Technology) by Research
- Cathal McCosker, “A Digital Game Based Learning Approach to Language Learning”, co-supervisor with Tony Hall, Graduated: 2009. (Assistant Lecturer at Keimyung University, Daegu)
Supervision, M.Sc. by Research
- Éanna Burke, “Real-Time Autonomic Prediction Algorithms for the Sensor Web”, co-supervisor with Hugh Melvin. Graduated 2013 (Working in IBM Research)
Supervision, Taught Minor M.Sc. Dissertation
- Liam McDermott, “Anomaly detection in streaming time series data”, Sc Data Analytics, Primary Thesis Supervisor, Expected 2018
- Ninad Arabekar, “Online Source Selection for Real-Time Stream Analytics”, Sc Data Analytics, Primary Thesis Supervisor, Expected 2018
- Arun Kunnumpurath, “Development of an online decision support tool (DST) for hydrogen energy storage investments”, Sc Data Analytics, Co-Supervisor (Primary Supervisor Dr. Rory Monagham), Expected 2018
- Gerard Keyes, “A Study of the Dynamic Distribution Population in Ireland using Mobile Telephony and Social Media”, Primary Thesis Supervisor. Graduated 2016. (Working with Eir)
- Declan Joyce, “An investigation into a selection of health check utility reports to assist Database Administrators” Primary Thesis Supervisor. Graduated 2011. (Working with IBM)
- Fergal Hegarty, “A Study to Research, Design and Develop Administrative Improvements for the Apache Tomcat 6 Web/Application Server”, Primary Thesis Supervisor. Graduated 2011